Monday, November 28, 2011

Summer 2010: York

(An imported post from my previous blog)

I've been to quite a number of places in england and I have to say that this little city about an hour away from Leeds has got to be my favourite one of all (London is a t0tally different story however but let's save that for a different post ;P)! I love the whole architecture of this city, the quaint-looking rows of shops, the cobbled streets, the fresh bakeries, everything! the whole atmosphere makes me feel like I'm stepping in to an Enid Blyton story book. Something I could only dream of a long time ago.

We spent an entire day there walking around and exploring this medieval city. It was good fun! will let the pictures do the talking..

basically the whole city looks like this. two rows of fancy lookin shops on both sides a street. we got lost a couple of times. went round and round in circles. its like a maze I'm not joking!

the munkeh

Queuing up for tea at the infamous Betty's cafe of York! Apparently this place is a MUST visit in York so we gave it a shot. It is the only cafe in York with a queue to get in. We waited for what? 45 minutes or so before we finally got a table. The interior was very pretty with all the cute little floral and pastel designs. very, very english I have to say. but the food? hm I reckon the sultana scones from tesco tastes exactly the same if not better. lol Sorry for being such a party pooper but it is the truth! People who visit this place go on and on about how good it is etc but honestly it is not that great at all. I suppose we were just paying for the whole english tea experience.. :S

part of the interior selling sweets and cakes.

me waiting impatiently for tea..

I have to admit we were quite jakun with the pot of tea. There was this miniature sieve thing which we had no clue what was for until we looked over at the fella on the next table using it to sift his tea as he poured it out of the teapot. lol

 

Zara had some crazy summer deals then! HEE happy me.

erm.. some castle? or church perhaps?

The city is surrounded by this ginormous fort. Reminds me a lot of edinburgh castle!

on top of the fort over looking the outside of the main city.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home